Featured Fundraiser | Danny Callaghan – July 2022

Our featured fundraiser this month is Danny Callaghan, who’s competing in Tough Mudder 15K in Dumfries, Scotland! This Tough Mudder course is described as the ULTIMATE obstacle course, including 30 obstacles over a 15K (9.32 mile) run. Check out some of the crazy obstacles here. Electric shocks and ice baths don’t sound like my thing, so I’ll await Dan’s after photos and live through him, for this one!

The goal was to raise £500 for #IBDSuperHeroes nominated charity, Cure Crohn’s Colitis. He’s exceeded that already, but with every penny funding IBD research, every penny really does help! We caught up with Dan to find out a little bit more about his upcoming challenge.

Why did you choose to do THIS as a fundraiser? What inspired you?

This is my 4th and will be my last. It’s something I’ve always done as a larger team, but this time it will be much tougher with just myself and my older brother.

Why did you choose to raise funds for #IBDSuperHeroes/Cure Crohn’s Colitis?

I’m turning 40 a week later so this seemed enough to keep me motivated, and of course, help me push through the fatigue and pain of U.C. My brother, Adam, is one of very few people that were by my side 17 years ago when I first suffered and had emergency surgery. So to have him compete alongside me means a great deal to me.

I chose you guys as a charity simply because of how positive you guys have been in regards to my outlook and desire to help others, since this charity has been running alongside IBD Superheroes I have seen nothing but an amazing group of people who sincerely want to help others on a daily basis. This inspired me to change my outlook and create my social media page towards helping others stay fit and gain strength.

And of course, the fact that every penny goes to the charity is just amazing.

 

We would like to say a big THANK YOU to Dan for his fundraising efforts! If you’d like to donate, you can do so here!

If you have been inspired to do some fundraising of your own, head over to Cure Crohn’s Colitis to find out how! If you choose to raise funds through JustGiving, we would love it if you would join our team! Then, YOU may be our next featured fundraiser! 












Comments