Featured Fundraisers | Hannah & Sarah – March 2021

This month, our featured fundraisers are Hannah and Sarah, who are selling some items on Etsy. Hannah has Inflammatory Bowel Disease, and Sarah is her best friend. We caught up with Sarah to find out a little bit more about what they’re doing and why! 

Tell us about your fundraiser! What are you doing?

The IBD superhero llama came about when we had a drawing competition - it was just a bit of fun to pass the time. I liked Hannah’s llama so I started turning it into different designs. I made the IBD superhero design as a bit of surprise for her. 

I have seen Hannah suffer for the longest time and it breaks my heart that there is nothing I can do to help her other than being a bit of comfort when it really hits hard, so, I thought making this would put a smile on her face. Hannah then made the suggestion to put it onto my Etsy store to raise funds for IBDSuperHeroes nominated charity, Cure Crohn’s Colitis (C3).

Why did you choose to do THIS as a fundraiser? What inspired you?

This has all been inspired by Hannah, she is my best friend and one of the strongest people I know and if my stickers, mugs, and drinking glasses help raise money for something she strongly believes in and gives others something to smile at, I’m more than happy to do it.

Why did you choose to raise funds for #IBDSuperHeroes/Cure Crohn’s Colitis?

The Etsy shop had been something I had wanted to do for a while and I knew that I could make these designs into stickers, mugs, and drinking glasses. So, I put the IBD llama up for people to see and buy. Hannah has spoken about the IBD Facebook group she is on and has mentioned the C3 charity before, and it is something close to her heart so I knew I could help a little by giving a portion of the profits to the charity.

We would like to say a big THANK YOU to Hannah and Sarah for their fundraising efforts! If you’d like to look at their shop, you can do so here!

If you have been inspired to do some fundraising of your own, head over to Cure Crohn’s Colitis to find out how! If you choose to raise funds through JustGiving, we would love it if you would join our team! Then, YOU may be our next featured fundraiser! 

#IBDSuperHeroes chose to support Cure Crohn’s Colitis because 100% of the donations they receive fund patient-centric IBD research, aiming to improve the lives of people with Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis. If you’d like to donate, allowing future investment into vital studies, visit our fundraising page.

 

Comments