Featured Fundraiser | Kelly – February 2021

This month, our featured fundraiser is Kelly; she is selling some of her crafts for charity. We caught up with her to find out more about what she's doing and why!


Tell us about your fundraiser! What are you doing?

I am making some IBD Awareness keyrings to sell for charitable donations for IBDSuperheroes/Cure Crohns Colitis.

Why did you choose to do THIS as a fundraiser? What inspired you?

I bought a new crafting machine and wondered what I could do with it, so I started with something that I knew about, and that's obviously my disease, so I thought why not spread some awareness and raise money at the same time?!

My inspiration came from the IBDSuperHeroes group. I have seen a lot of the work the team do and wanted to give back. IBD impacts our lives in many aspects and a lot of it we suffer in silence. It's important to speak up about the disease and get conversations started!

Why did you choose to raise funds for #IBDSuperHeroes/Cure Crohn’s Colitis?

The support group are an amazing group of people and know what it's like to live with this disease. They offer a listening ear and support for people like me, and they do it for free. 

The reason I picked Cure Crohn's Colitis as the charity, is that they donate 100% of funds for research into new treatments, which can have a huge impact in improving the quality of lives of those living with IBD.

We would like to say a big THANK YOU to Kelly for her fundraising efforts!  

If you have been inspired to do some fundraising of your own, head over to Cure Crohn’s Colitis to find out how! If you choose to raise funds through JustGiving, we would love it if you would join our team! Then, YOU may be our next featured fundraiser! 

#IBDSuperHeroes chose to support Cure Crohn’s Colitis because 100% of the donations they receive fund patient centric IBD research, aiming to improve the lives of people with Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis. If you’d like to donate, allowing future investment into vital studies, visit our fundraising page.


Comments