Featured Fundraiser | Stephanie – July 2020


This month, our featured fundraiser is Stephanie, who did the Virtual Dundee Kiltwalk. We caught up with her to find out a little bit more about it!

Tell us about your fundraiser! What are you doing?
This was my first time taking part in the Kiltwalk, under normal circumstances, people come together to walk varying distances for a charity of their choice, in which Sir Tom Hunter who founded the event, tops up everyone’s donation totals by 50%. This year was a little different because of the current situation, so I took part in the Virtual Dundee Kiltwalk, where people could create their own routes to complete and also this year Sir Tom Hunter topped up everyone’s donation by 100% meaning my total was doubled, which was amazing!

Why did you choose to do THIS as a fundraiser? What inspired you?
I was inspired to do this as, in the current circumstances I have been walking a lot more and found it to be really helpful for my physical and mental health.

Why did you choose to raise funds for Cure Crohn’s Colitis?
I chose to raise funds for Cure Crohn’s Colitis, because I myself, suffer from Crohn’s disease and know how debilitating it can be, so anything I can do to contribute in any small way towards a cure, so that people in the future will have a better quality of life and prospects if they suffer from Crohn’s or Colitis, I will do. I also appreciate how the charity ensure all funds are funnelled towards research towards the cure and are very open and honest about that. I hope to continue to raise money for this amazing charity!


We would like to say a big THANK YOU to Stephanie for her fundraising efforts! Unfortunately, the fundraising link to donate has now expired, so no more donations can be taken!

If you have been inspired to do some fundraising of your own, head over to Cure Crohn’s Colitis to find out how! If you choose raise funds through JustGiving, we would love it if you would join our team! Then, YOU may be our next featured fundraiser! 

#IBDSuperHeroes chose to support Cure Crohn’s Colitis because 100% of the donations they receive fund patient centric IBD research, aiming to improve the lives of people with Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis. If you’d like to donate, allowing future investment into vital studies, visit our fundraising page.



Comments