Featured Fundraiser | Sharan - May 2020

This month, our featured fundraiser is Sharan, completing 500 netball shots at home! We caught up with her to find out a little bit more about what she is doing and why!

Tell us about your fundraiser! What are you doing?

For my fundraiser I decided to challenge myself to completing a total of 500 netball shots at home for World IBD Day! I've always tried to get involved in something each year but since I am shielding at home, I figured I could still organise a fundraiser of my own!

Why did you choose to do THIS as a fundraiser? What inspired you?
Back when I had an ileostomy, it took me almost a year to get used to having this new body and joining a local Netball league at the time played a huge part in helping me find that confidence again. I realised then too that I could do just about anything I wanted with a stoma and so I thought it would be an exciting way to combine fundraising with my love for Netball!

Why did you choose to raise funds for #IBDSuperHeroes/Cure Crohn’s Colitis?
I did a bit of research and asked around before deciding which charity to raise funds for and I was very impressed to discover that Cure Crohn’s Colitis work to invest 100% of their donations received directly into funding IBD research. Having had Crohn's for 18 years, treatment options are pretty limited for me now since I've tried and tested quite a few of them already. Being able to help in funding research to hopefully improve treatments available and maybe even one day finding a cure, encouraged me even more to complete this challenge!

We would like to say a big THANK YOU to Sharan for her fundraising efforts! If you’d like to donate, you can do so here!

If you have been inspired to do some fundraising of your own, head over to Cure Crohn’s Colitis to find out how! If you choose raise funds through JustGiving, we would love it if you would join our team! Then, YOU may be our next featured fundraiser!

#IBDSuperHeroes chose to support because 100% of the donations they receive fund patient centric IBD research, aiming to improve the lives of people with Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis. If you’d like to donate, allowing future investment into vital studies, visit our fundraising page.


Comments