Featured Fundraiser | Jon Penn – April 2020


This month, our featured fundraiser is Jon Penn, who is growing his beard and hair out during lockdown, to raise money for Cure Crohn's Colitis. We caught up with him to find out a little bit more about what he is doing!

Tell us about your fundraiser! What are you doing?

It started as a joke really! One of my colleagues from my day job said why "don't you grow your beard whilst you are in lockdown?" and I thought I've either had a shaved head or a Mowhawk for the last few years and always kept my beard neat and tidy so why don't I grow both for the entire time I'm shielding? (I've been doing for around 4 weeks and just been advised from today 18/04/20 to shield for 12 weeks from now).

Why did you choose to do THIS as a fundraiser? What inspired you?

I have Crohn's Disease, plain and simple. I have a few friends and acquaintances in the IBD community who fundraise anyway so for me it was a no brainer. Seeing friends suffer is the worst (I always think I've got a very mild form of Crohn's) so if I can help, I will!

Why did you choose to raise funds for #IBDSuperHeroes/Cure Crohn’s Colitis?

It was suggested to me by a few friends that Cure Crohn's Colitis would be a good place to put my fundraising efforts. Why not? The community is awesome! I don't get involved often & I don't post on the social media groups but I do read and appreciate all the help I've got from members of the community.

We would like to say a big THANK YOU to Jon for his fundraising efforts! If you’d like to donate, you can do so here.

If you have been inspired to do some fundraising of your own, head over to Cure Crohn’s Colitis to find out how! If you choose raise funds through JustGiving, we would love it if you would join our team! Then, YOU may be our next featured fundraiser!

#IBDSuperHeroes chose to support Cure Crohn’s Colitis because 100% of the donations they receive fund patient centric IBD research, aiming to improve the lives of people with Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis. If you’d like to donate, allowing future investment into vital studies, visit our fundraising page.






Comments