Annie AKA 'Supergirl'



Super power:
 Raising a child whilst pretending I’m healthy.
  
Day job:
Waitress/barmaid at a lovely hotel in Beer, Devon.

Role at #IBDSuperHeroes:
 Singing at every chance I get and occasionally offering advice and support.

Why are you involved with #IBDSuperHeroes? 
IBD has a huge impact on many peoples lives and IBDSuperHeroes helps and supports many different people. If I can have an impact on one person's life then I will feel very accomplished. IBDSuperHeroes is more of a family rather than a community, and to be a part of that means being a part of something very special.

Pets:
 2 dogs from Romania, a 3 legged cat with no tail from the RSPCA, a bearded dragon and some fish.
  
A little about your life:
I’m a single mum with a wonderful son who is my best friend. I’m lucky that the relationships I have are very meaningful and shape me out to be who I am today. The people around me give me strength and with my friends and family around I know 100% I can go through anything. I owe a great deal of my strength to my own Mum, who was an inspiration to many people around her for her positivity and ability to get through anything - if I am ever half the person she was then I will be proud of myself.
  
Tea or coffee:
 Definitely tea!!
  
Likes:
 All Harry Potter books and films (and anything related). Anything classed as ‘True Movies’. I also have my own Dance School so I love to choreograph routines and teaching kids how to dance. Other than that I enjoy binge-watching series.
  
Dislikes:
 Judgmental people, horror films and being sober around drunk people.

Medical history:
 Hypermobility Syndrome 1996.
 Started with symptoms around 4 years old - diagnosed with Crohn's Disease February 2009.
Right Hemicolectomy April 2014.
Bile Salt Malabsorbtion December 2014.
Chronic Urticaria March 2015.
Colonic Inertia December 2015.
Fibromyalgia 2014.
Hiatus Hernia February 2016.

Medications tried:
Mesalazine, Prednisone, Ad cal, Budesonide, Prednisone enemas, Azathioprine, Humira injections, Cyclizine, Cetirizine, Gabapentin, Oramorph, Dihydrocodeine, Paracetamol, Omeprazole, Ranitidine, Linaclotide, Prucalopride, Sodium docusate, Movicol, Questran sachets, Citalopram.


Comments