Your IBD Stories - Sof Uddin


Name:
Sof Uddin

What year were you diagnosed and with which form of IBD? 
I was diagnosed with Crohns Disease in 2004 when I was 19 years old.

Have you identified anything that triggers you, and if so what? 
When I was 1st diagnosed so many things triggered me, anything remotely spicy, hot or rich and creamy, but as the years went on my body adapted a little and even though I will never be able to eat what I ate before I am able to handle a little flavour.

Highlight an invisible symptom of Inflammatory Bowel Disease which you feel affects you:
I think fatigue has got to be the main aspect here for me, the exhaustion is something that is unreal, and it ends up affecting every facet of your life, whether that be social or work, it not only physically drains you but mentally too.

Name one thing you feel like you’ve learnt or gained since having Inflammatory Bowel Disease:
I have learnt so much and gained a hell of a lot of knowledge surrounding IBD, the most important thing for me though is that I as even as a sufferer have gained awareness of all the different things that are involved with these diseases.

What makes you an #IBDSuperHero? 
When I was 1st diagnosed I had just got into University and times were very hard, I was doing a technical degree which was difficult as it is but dealing with that and my Crohns was such a struggle, but I reminded myself that im not going to let this beat me, I've worked so hard to try and realise this dream, the hell am I going to let this stop me, and through perseverance through everything I came through on the other side.


Comments