Your IBD Stories - Nicola Bullock


Name:
Nicola Bullock

What year were you diagnosed and with which form of IBD?
I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease in January 2014.


Have you identified anything that triggers you, and if so what? 
I have managed to identify stress and lots of green vegetables as a massive trigger for me. Not great when you're trying to eat healthily and you have a child with behavioural issues lol. 

Highlight an invisible symptom of Inflammatory Bowel Disease which you feel affects you:
The worst invisible symptom for me has to be the fatigue and not being able to sleep properly even though I'm absolutely exhausted. I've tried everything to combat it and nothing works, not even trying to increase your activity levels. 

Name one thing you feel like you’ve learnt or gained since having Inflammatory Bowel Disease:
The thing I've gained is about 3 stone due to steroids early on to combat a bad flare, which I'm currently losing, but the thing that I have learned is to take each day as it comes. Planning ahead doesn't always work and so to avoid disappointment I don't bother anymore if I can help it. 

What makes you an #IBDSuperHero? 
What makes me an #IBDSuperHero is the fact that I try not to let it control all aspects of my life. I can't afford to do that with a house, husband and 3 children to take care of. My children get the best of me and I'm proud of that. Even though I have days where I doubt my ability, I don't ever give up!

Much love guys xx

Follow Nicola on Twitter

Comments