Your IBD Stories - Lisa Fields


Name:

Lisa Fields


What year were you diagnosed and with which form of IBD?I was diagnosed with Crohns Disease (after years of being misdiagnosed with many other things including IBS) in February 2005.

Have you identified anything that triggers you, and if so what? Stress, cheese especially goats cheese or soft cheese (most times but not all the time as I can still have pizza!), some vegetables but only if I’m feeling delicate. I’m very lucky as I can tolerate most veg but I know when my body prefers no veg at all and just wants carbs instead.

Highlight an invisible symptom of Inflammatory Bowel Disease which you feel affects you: 
FATIGUE (I’m so so tired today)


Name one thing you feel like you’ve learnt or gained since having Inflammatory Bowel Disease: 
I’ve learned in the last few years how bad it can get for some people and how lucky I’ve been. I still have my bad days but overall I can live life normally but with a few tweaks (and a loo nearby). And I’ve gained some friends too.


What makes you an #IBDSuperHero?
In 2005 I had to have emergency surgery (resection) less than 4 months after my diagnosis and it was a big operation. The surgeon said afterwards that it was the worst case they’d seen that year. But I survived! I have a 6 inch scar to remind me but I’m still here and mostly I’m ok. 2 weeks after my surgery I went to my engagement party and I married my hubby Elliott in 2006.


Comments